Monday, 9 May 2011

Assignment #4 - Visualization/Setting

Imagine you are the main character in the novel. Describe the setting and your surroundings given what you know about the story.  Be as descriptive as possible (use lots of adjectives when appropriate) and use transition words.

4 comments:

  1. I think Bilbo's house looks like a giant log, and he lives on a huge hill facing a river and beyond the river I visualized a gigantic forrest, and sometimes you could see bears coming to the river to catch some fish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everywhere I look, there is always something different. Weird creatures, mysterious caves, and clear blue streams I can see. I see a lot of trees everywhere, it feels like there is no end to them. The smell of pine trees enters your nose everywhere you are. Bushes are scattered all around, scratching at your ankles as you walk through the forest. Mountains tower extremely high over your head, with rocks frightening you when they suddenly roll down the side of the rocky mountain. Dirt and pine is mostly what you smell in that forest. Sometimes with the sweet scents of fruits like berries. You can hear the annoying sound of birds whistling or the beautiful songs some sing. You can also hear the the sound of different animals moving about. (Bilbo) I slowly try to get out of this forest, with 13 others following me. The constant sound of their foot steps reach my ears giving me a rythum. It seems endless, when will we get out of here?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @chuck norris- add some more description to the places you visualize.

    ReplyDelete