If you could make a connection between one of the main characters and yourself, who would it be and why? Explain using specific examples from the book that relate to your personal experiences.
The character I connect with is Bilbo. I connect to Bilbo because he does not want to do big things like the quest. And he is considered as short. Some people I know consider me as short. He also does not like others making messes of his things. Same with me, if they make the mess, I want them to clean it up.
Example from the book:
(page.13, I don't like people making messes of my things)
"Chip the glasses and crack the plates! Blunt the knives and bend the forks! That's what Bilbo Baggins hates- Smash the bottles and burn the corks!
Cut the cloth and tread on the fat! Pour the milk on the pantry floor! Leave the bones on the bedroom mat! Splash the wine on every door!
Dump the crocks in the boiling bowl; Pound them up with a thumping pole; And when your finished, if any are whole, Send them down the hall to roll!
That's what Bilbo Baggins hates! So, carefully! carefully with the plates!"
Also the book said he went to bed with nightmeres because of the thought of having to go on that journey the next day (page 27:"...and it gave him very uncomfortable dreams.")
@ Sally Jackson - Good use of quoting from the novel. However, I would like to see you make use of your transition words so that your sentences flow more smoothly. Also, don't forget to double check your spelling.
The character I connect with is Bilbo. I connect to Bilbo because he does not want to do big things like the quest. And he is considered as short. Some people I know consider me as short. He also does not like others making messes of his things. Same with me, if they make the mess, I want them to clean it up.
ReplyDeleteExample from the book:
(page.13, I don't like people making messes of my things)
"Chip the glasses and crack the plates!
Blunt the knives and bend the forks!
That's what Bilbo Baggins hates-
Smash the bottles and burn the corks!
Cut the cloth and tread on the fat!
Pour the milk on the pantry floor!
Leave the bones on the bedroom mat!
Splash the wine on every door!
Dump the crocks in the boiling bowl;
Pound them up with a thumping pole;
And when your finished, if any are whole,
Send them down the hall to roll!
That's what Bilbo Baggins hates!
So, carefully! carefully with the plates!"
Also the book said he went to bed with nightmeres because of the thought of having to go on that journey the next day (page 27:"...and it gave him very uncomfortable dreams.")
@ Sally Jackson - Good use of quoting from the novel. However, I would like to see you make use of your transition words so that your sentences flow more smoothly. Also, don't forget to double check your spelling.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI connected to Bilbo Baggins because he lives in a warm house and he enjoys company.
ReplyDelete@SallyJackson - Funny quotes, but try to watch your spelling and it may be because you are typing too fast, so it is possible to make a mistake
ReplyDelete